Shape by Ellen Wille part of the Hair Society Wigs is a beautiful chin length design with textured ends. Shape's base construction consist of a detailed 100% hand-tied cap where each and every hair has been individually weaved, an invisible lace front which blends naturally against your hairline for off the face styling and a monofilament top that resembles the most realistic hairline and enables parting versatility and multi-directional styling.
• design: wig
• brand: ellen wille hair society collection
• hair type: synthetic hair blend
• cap design: hand tied cap, monofilament top, lace front
• cap size: average
• approx length: Front: 4.75" | Crown: 5.25" | Side: 5" | Nape: 3.25"
• ideal face shape: oval, heart, round, diamond
• colour shown: ginger mix
• base design: 100% hand-tied cap – each individual hair is carefully hand tied to the base. This creates natural movement and allows the hair to move freely. The soft stretch cap makes it more comfortable to wear and is ideal for a sensitive scalp.
• base design: monofilament top - creates the illusions of natural hair growth and allows you to part the hair in any direction.
• lace front - virtually invisible sheer lace front that gives you amazing off-the-face styling versatility. no tape or glue is needed for attachment of piece.
• fitting: adjustable velcro tabs- allows you to loosen or tighten the cap up to a half inch.
CHIQUEL STYLING TECHNIQUES AND MAINTENANCE GUIDE
• fitting: it is always ideal to wear a wig cap, wig liner or cotton cap under the hairpiece for a more comfortable fit
• care: use our synthetic care range for the upkeep and to maintain the longevity of your hairpiece.
• style: no styling tools are permitted. a shaping creme can be used to create a more textured look. at the chiquel salons we offer cutting services to your synthetic hairpiece. enquire within
• storage: wig stand
• for more information please refer to our wig care instructions guideline.
It doesn't feel right calling this a wig, because the hair seems so real. The tones in the color, the wispiness of the cut, the texture and feel of the strands seem just like hair to me. I think my grandmother would been elated to know a wig with this realism exists! COLOR: I ordered this in the Chocolate Mix... I was searching for a medium brown with subtle, non-dramatic variations of brown in it. This has that, but the color variation is very subtle. It's gorgeous close up under focused light where the different shades show up, but from further away it looks pretty flat brown. There were no distinctive, chunky highlights of red in this wig. The colors are very well mixed IMO. The attached photo of the side view is taken with my back at an east facing window, so natural light is reflecting off the wig to really highlight the colors in the wig. It is a very pretty color from this perspective. SIZE: I was hoping this one would fit, but it is a little bit too small for me to feel secure in. My measurements are 22 inch circumference, 12 inch ear to ear, 14.5 hairline to nape. Adjusting it downward in the back would make the lace slip past my hairline in the front. STYLE: Out of the box, it looked like a short **** from the late 70s. :) Although the layers are very long. I couldn't style it, since I wasn't very sure it would work out, and wanted to be able to return it due to fit and color. I think it could be styled to give it a little sass and not look so tapered to my head. It is definitely not poofy. I think it lays like real hair and reflects a realistic, thinner hair volume. STRUCTURE: This wig sold me on the difference between hand-tied and wefts. I did not have a problem with the tabs, as mentioned in another review.
A little too thin and wispy. Cap well made and fit was perfect but hair just too sparse. Kept it for wearing to beach.
Just received mine in snow mix. This wig is so comfortable I really do not know I have it on. It looks so real and lace front is beautifully done. Fortunately I was able to get it on a 50% off sale. But definitely worth the full price.
Shape is a lovely wig, with all the high-end features: lace front, full monofilament top, and comfortable 100% hand-tied cap. The fibers are silky and soft. I particularly like the less dense hair, not too poofy, particularly since I am petite with a very small head (for reference, my circumference is 20.5"). Shape, as a petite-average cap size, is a bit large on me, but with my own fine, thin hair and a wig grip underneath I can wear it successfully. I have not noticed the problem with the ear tabs that the other reviewer mentioned. The one downside, and I want to stress that this is not an actual problem with the wig but just my own personal preference, is the color. I bought mine in Chocolate Mix, which is a bit too auburn for my taste; I would prefer an ashier brown, which would match my own hair better. I would like to see Ellen Wille expand the color palettes for these wigs. All in all, though, I think most women would be very pleased with Shape. It is a versatile style that can be dressed up or down in numerous ways. The photo I've included is Shape right out of the box, with no styling other than fixing the part.