Stop Traffic by Raquel Welch is a slightly wavy, to-the-shoulder bob with a textured cut bang. The Sheer Indulgence monofilament crown provides a realistic hairline. Featuring a open weft cap construction allowing for an airy cool design which is lightweight and ideal everyday wear, wefted caps adapt securely to the shape of the head and allow air to circulate.
• design: wig
• brand: raquel welch
• hair type: heat synthetic blend
• cap design: monofilament crown, capless base
• cap size: average
• weight: 3.9oz
• ideal face shape: round, square, diamond, heart, oval, pear
• approx length: Front: 4.5” | Crown: 10” | Sides: 8.5” | Back: 8.5” | Nape: 7.5”
• hair colour shown: SS15/24, SS9/30
• base design: monofilament Crown – Creates the illusions of natural hair growth and allows you to part the hair in any direction.
• lace Front – virtually invisible sheer lace front that gives you amazing off-the-face styling versatility.
• base design: 100% Hand-tied Cap – each individual hair is carefully hand tied to the base. This creates natural movement and allows the hair to move freely. The soft stretch cap makes it more comfortable to wear and is ideal for a sensitive scalp.
• heat synthetic hair blend: Looks and feels like human hair and can be styled using thermal heat tools up to 180c. do not exceed over this. once you have washed your wig, it will dry as you last had it styled.
• fitting: adjustable velcro tabs- allows you to loosen or tighten the cap up to a half inch.
I can see why it's a best seller, looks and feels good
This is a lovely wig, nice comfortable cap and great style. I got it in SS Golden Wheat and its a really nice natural colour. This doesn't matt like the heat friendly fibers which is a real positive given the length.
I purchased this wig as a durable, everyday wig I could wear to work. It's so cute and my clients who know me well, could not believe a wig could look so natural! The rooted wigs really look natural! This wig is shinny so I'm using dry shampoo until the shine dulls a bit. The more durable fibers are usually more shiny. I love this color SS Golden Wheat so much!!! I have another wig, Editors Pic in Pale Golden Honey also by Raquel Welch, but with its lace top it's more delicate and would not last long with daily use. Stop Traffic is my daily use wig but I needed to match the color with my other wig. The two wigs are from different lines within Raquel Welch and they don't offer the same colors lines. Turns out the SS Golden Wheat is a really close match to the Pale Golden Honey. Over all, Stop Traffic is just what I wanted. A pretty, mid-length style with a good bit of volume. Very budget friendly and durable.
Perfect out of the box. A few shakes, and off I went! I own 4 Raquel Welch Wigs in the same color. Never have a bad hair day now!
Stop Traffic isn't anywhere near as wavy as shown in the product photos (or the particular wig I received isn't, and I've heard others say the same). This style is a great choice for someone looking to match a natural hair texture that has a subtle wave - not really straight, not really wavy, but somewhere in between. The cut has some pretty layering to frame the face. The monofilament area isn't big enough to be very realistic, though in my experience the vast majority of people aren't scrutinizing your head from above and trying to figure out whether you are wearing a wig, so to me that is not a big deal at all. In general, I don't feel that the special features in cap construction - silicone strip, etc. - are useful (at least for someone who has a bit of bio hair, as I do). I usually wear this wig bobby-pinned at the sides to control the volume a bit; it's a lot of hair for my liking (I prefer super low density styles). I got Stop Traffic in the colour Shadow Shades Eggplant SS 4/33, which is kind of a rich reddish dark brown that looks like you've had your hair professionally coloured. I've read some descriptions of this colour as "natural" and I don't think it's natural at all - it definitely looks like a salon colour to me. I think the Eggplant name is a bit misleading; I was hoping it would be sort of black-brown with purple-red streaks (more of a bold, blantantly unnatural fashion colour), but the overall impression is more a super dark salon auburn that's trying to look natural but not quite pulling it off. One last note: The cap seems to fit quite a bit larger than average.